Impacts of Video Game Technology
Videogames.org.au is a resource website for parents and professionals who want to know more about video games and their impact on children, young people and the community at large. It brings a balanced and evidence based approach to today’s most popular form of entertainment – video games! This website deals with both the benefits and the risks and concerns. It provides suggestions for video games that are positive, educational and age-appropriate. The site was founded by Steven Dupon.
- Up-to-date research on the use of videogames.
- A list of safe videogames for different age groups.
- Research on the benefits of gaming. Topics include: cognitive development, emotional development, skills development and social development.
- Concerns with gaming. Topics include: video game addiction, gamblification, cyber safety, inappropriate content.
- Parenting advice.
- Getting Help. Topics relate to: Are you addicted?, free consultation for families, a parent’s manual and workshops.
Video Games Report: A Study of the Impact of Video Games on Young People
Videogames and Wellbeing: A Comprehensive Review
Gaming Research Group, Young and Well Cooperative Research Centre
Games for Change
Our Mission Statement:
Catalyzing Social Impact Through Digital Games
What we do:
Founded in 2004, Games for Change facilitates the creation and distribution of social impact games that serve as critical tools in humanitarian and educational efforts.
We aim to leverage entertainment and engagement for social good. To further grow the field, Games for Change convenes multiple stakeholders, highlights best practices, incubates games, and helps create and direct investment into new projects.
Documentaries on Gaming
- Second Skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2FycHamfA
- Free to Play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZYMI1zB9s